Google’s John Mueller posted one of the more detailed responses I’ve seen from him on the topic of overall search spam, penalties, quality algorithms and more. I am not sure if the comment is showing up anymore on Reddit, so here is a screenshot of it.
Here is a summary of what John said followed by a copy and paste.
(1) Websites do not get permanently removed from Google Search.
(2) Google doesn’t have a list of permanently blocked sites.
(3) Manual action complete removals are for “pure spam with nothing useful of its own on it.”
(4) Google prefers to ignore the bad parts of the sites vs penalizing.
(5) He explained how reconsideration requests work…
Read the complete article at https://www.seroundtable.com/google-search-spam-penalties-quality-issues-30938.html.
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wackystuff/3295407004